How does your customer contact you? 🤔
What options do you have listed on your website? 🤔
How long do they need to wait for a response? 🤔
These are all questions you should ask yourself, no matter the size of your business.
I've created a simple checklist to help ensure that your communication tools are set up to meet your customer's needs.
💬 If you have a chat tool 👇
- Make sure somebody is managing it.
- Set up an automatic welcome message
- Personalise your chat tool features
- Set expectations. If there is a long wait time, let them know!
- Be honest- if it's a bot, tell them.
📞 If you have a contact number 👇
- Answer it
- If you can't answer it, ensure you have a friendly and helpful voicemail, letting them know when to expect a callback. or provide additional contact information.
📧 If you have an email 👇
- Again, make sure you have a system in place to respond promptly.
- Segment your emails. Use a different email for general enquiries vs orders etc.
- Out of office? Ensure your OOO is set for the correct dates and outlines an alternative process to get in contact.
📱 If you use social only. 👇
- Customers today expect to get answers on social media and use it more and more as the primary communication tool with brands.
- If you are present on a social media platform, make sure you check for messages regularly. - - Set up an auto-response for commonly asked questions. Extend your communications to social.
🤦If you have nothing...
...wait, what?! 😲